Cuts like a machete, chops like an axe! Once you try it, you'll wonder how you ever did without the Woodman's Pal machete! This battle-tested tool has served in all the wars from WWII through Desert Storm and features a sharp, hard-cutting edge on one side, suitable for chopping down brush, small trees, cane and any other type of growth. On the other side of the Woodsmans Pal tool, you’ll find a curved hook, which is ideal for pulling and cutting vines, pruning limbs and cutting or hacking any type of overhanging brush. Whether you're blazing a trail, building a duck blind or clearing a shooting lane for hunting, or trimming trees, the Woodsman's Pal machete is an American-made hand tool that will last you a lifetime!
The Classic #481
Light-weight, compact and superbly balanced, the Classic #481 Woodsman's Pal is an extension, rather than a burden, to your arm. It is 10.5" long; 16.5" overall with 6" ash wood grip.
The Woodmans Pal Premium #284 tool differs from the Classic in that the Premium includes a leather grip and steel knuckleguard. The Premium weighs 24 ounces and is 17" long.
Long Reach #145
The Woodman's Pal Long Reach #145 is a lighter 14 ounces, 22 inches long, and recommended for slashing through leafy, springy vegetation rather than for heavy-duty cutting that the Classic and Premium models are meant for. The longer hardwood handle provides increased leverage to maintain the traditional chopping power of heavier models. The blade thickness of the Woodman's Pal Long Reach is 1/16" thick, as opposed to the Classic and Premium models which are 1/8" thick.
Junior (Compact Premium) #784
The Woodmans Pal Junior Premium #784 is particularly useful to backpackers and Scouts due to the convenient size. It weighs 23 ounces and is 14.5" long. Includes the same leather grip and steel knuckleguard as does the Woodmans Pal Premium model.
Woodman's Pal Nostalgia Collection #284NC
The Woodman's Pal Nostalgia Collection is offered as a reminder of humble beginnings from early 1942 when the US Signal Corp was issued this standard equipment. The collection is especially perfect for military and American history buffs! This collection includes a Woodsmans Pal Premium tool, canvas sheath, round honing stone and set of 4 manual reprints.The olive green canvas sheath with zippered closure is a true vintage military design from World War II and attaches to your belt via the canvas loop. The round honing stone is double sided coarse and fine grits and measures 3 x 5/8 inches. The coarse side will take out any nicks in the blade and the fine side will dress it up! Each of the 4 manuals provide valuable information on a variety of topics that relate to the Woodsmans Pal tool and contains the original wording and artwork from manuals originally printed in 1942. The titles of the 4 manuals are: Care, Use & Sharpening; Living in the Jungle; Survival Tool Kit Airman's; and Fighting with USA Knife LC-14-B.
NO extra shipping charges after an item is added to your cart — Cart prices INCLUDE SHIPPING!
Sorry, we do not ship outside the USA!
Sorry, we do not ship outside the USA!
Here's What Actual Woodsmans Pal Users Have to Say:
- I’ve recently purchased your woodman’s pal and am very impressed with the quality of the tool. It is so hard to find good tools! –Rob N.
- I was a half mile up from the line truck working on some trees on the primary line when my chainsaw quit. My Premium tool finished the job. A 40 foot poplar is just a snack for a Woodman’s Pal! –M.W.L.
- You had the best price on the web that I could find. Will be visiting your website again for sure! —Aaron S.
- I want to commend the manufacturer for your quality American Made knives. We need far more American products! –Francis B.
- Just wanted to say thanks for your excellent service! The Woodsmans Pal I had ordered arrived much earlier than expected and it is perfect. I'll definitely recommend your site to friends and family. —Scarlett S.
- I'm on a Search and Rescue team in Oregon where we spend a lot of time hacking through heavy brush and blackberries. I recently purchased a Woodsmans Pal and have already spent a few days searching with it, hacking through brush for eight hours at time. I have to say that your tool beats any machete I've tried, and is the best tool for my job. –Dan A.
- The Woodsmans Pal performs flawlessly under some very hard use. It was sharpened once and held the edge well even though we use the Woodsmans Pal every year to maintain the trails to our favorite fishing spots as well as knocking back the saplings and other brush that encroach on the yard and driveway. It is a great tool and perfect for our needs. –Mitch G.